Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

  1. #31
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    What did the XO from Rick run you?


    -chris

  2. #32
    Senior Hostboard Member Seadweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2006
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    Quote Originally Posted by gortnipper View Post
    Any details you care to share? I am considering getting some made.

    David
    Sorry for the delay, I've been traveling out of the country for the last couple of weeks.

    The crossover is a 4th order design, and thus far, has proved to be incredibly promising. I have tried the Markwart crossover (pretty darned good), the stock GPA crossover, and even tried the crossover Stephaen (6moons) uses, and this particular design outperforms all of them (to my ears that is).

    The designer recently came to my home and took additional measurements to fine tune the crossovers, so he is working on a final version for me. Once I get the final version, I plan to take some in-room measurements of the system, but from a sonic perspective, I believe I'm within an earshot of perfection!

    Stay tuned for details.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member NKF's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2009
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    I didn't know jeff M. designed a crossover for the H3.

    Nick

  4. #34
    Senior Hostboard Member Seadweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2006
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    Quote Originally Posted by NKF View Post
    I didn't know jeff M. designed a crossover for the H3.

    Nick
    I'm using the v. II.......

  5. #35
    Senior Hostboard Member amandarae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2008
    Posts
    259
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller View Post
    Sorry for the delay, I've been traveling out of the country for the last couple of weeks.

    .......... and even tried the crossover Stephaen (6moons) uses, and this particular design outperforms all of them (to my ears that is).
    Hello,

    I tried them too. I promised Mr. Riggle not to post anything here regarding its schematics, or any other forums and not to give any info about it through PM. So apologies if I will not entertain any request for the schematic.

    In my application, I used combination of polys and oil caps and breadboard it. Yes, they sound good. The only issue for me was that of the out of phase tweeters. I cannot get use to the sound all the time, for some reason. Maybe if I build it with all oil caps, then it would sound much better to my ears. I tried the XO with both OB and Altec 612C cabs. I even tried hooking an L-pad replacing the 3 ohms (tweeter side) to adjust the voltage divider and see the results.

    As mentioned, I tried it on breadboards only. When I have the funds, I will build a better one. For now, I am using the JM and the simple XO I have. Otherwise, the XO that Mr. Riggle made/designed with Stephaen works very good even with my Altec 604-8G's.

    regards,

    Abe
    QNME In Retro!

  6. #36
    Inactive Member chrismercurio's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2008
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    Quote Originally Posted by oface1 View Post
    What did the XO from Rick run you?


    -chris
    It was EXTREMELY reasonable and they come assembled so all you have to do is connect them to your binding posts and drivers. Contact Rick for more details. Others have purchased these on my recommendation so I think reports from them will soon follow supporting my claims.

    Best,

    Chris

  7. #37
    Senior Hostboard Member gortnipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2008
    Posts
    244
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    Quote Originally Posted by chrismercurio View Post
    It was EXTREMELY reasonable and they come assembled so all you have to do is connect them to your binding posts and drivers. Contact Rick for more details. Others have purchased these on my recommendation so I think reports from them will soon follow supporting my claims.

    Best,

    Chris

    I ordered mine last Friday, should be here in NZ the end of next week. Definitely will report back after I get them in and play them for a week or so.

    David

  8. #38
    Inactive Member NKF's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2009
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    David, how are the new crossovers sounding?

    Nick

  9. #39
    Senior Hostboard Member gortnipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2008
    Posts
    244
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    Hey Nick - they are not here yet. I think they didnt get shipped until the end of last week, and this past weekend was a long one, so there was no mail service yesterday (is already Tuesday here in NZ). I hope they get here today or tomorrow, becuause on Thursday I have to go in the hospital for arthroscopic surgery on my hip and would like to get them set up before hand so I can have lots of couch time! ;-)

    David

  10. #40
    Inactive Member NKF's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2009
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    I hope you get them and get well soon.

    Nick

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.